TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT WHILE TYPE 1 DIABETIC


  Hi Everyone!
Yesterday I posted all about how I'm trying to lose weight and start a healthy lifestyle (read here), and today's post is going to be all about the struggles to achieve this goals of mine& how I will try to over come them.
So I've been diabetic 14 years now, and I still have my struggles, if you can relate please leave comments!

  My Struggles

  • Feeling hungry even after eating; this is because artificial insulin actually makes the body hungrier! 
  • Combating low blood levels when working out; taking glucose tabs isn't going to help me lose any weight -_-
  • Keeping the weight off; I have fluctuated for years now  
  Since insulin makes me feel hungry it's hard to not fall into a food binge! So instead of doing what a lot of bad diabetics do (taking less insulin then they should), I've been taking my insulin about 20-30 minutes before eating instead of the 10-15 min recommendation. How does this help me? I feel as if waiting longer helps my body steady out the hunger; after waiting I will have a meal with higher protein to keep me fuller longer.

  One frustrating thing about working out for long periods is having the worries about my blood dropping, this can be fixed easily with glucose tabs, juice, or something sweet. However, the whole point in working out is to burn off carbs! So taking all this sugar in is just combating what I am trying to do. Now I've started to check my blood in advance to working out and if it's on the verge of going low I will have some fruit with peanut butter, this is a small snack that is way better than taking pure sugar!

  I've yet to really figure out how to keep all the weight off, but since this is a lifestyle change and not a diet, the weight should stay off naturally. With exercising daily, and eating filling low carb meals the weight I have lost shouldn't come back; Indulging is only natural but the key is not to indulge everyday.

  Do you have any tips for me? What do you do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JAPAN TRAVELS!

UPDATE: MISSHA 7 DAY HAIR COLOR

GRWM: MEETING FIANCE'S FAMILY | KOREA