HOW TO KEEP YOUR SKIN CLEAR + BLEMISH FREE!


  Nothing sucks more than waking up and finding a huge blemish on your face!
I always get tons of compliments on how clear my skin is, but when it does breakout I kinda feel like a completely different person. Today I'm going to share some of my tips on how I keep my skin clear, and what I do when a pesky blemish pops up!
  I added a bonus tip to this list because I couldn't leave out one good tip!


1. Wash your face with warm to hot water, and when rinsing use cold water; This helps open the pores and get all of that gunk/ dirt out that causes breakouts, then the cold water closes it.

2. Using products that are formulated without Parabens, Sulfates,Phthalates, and fragrances!
 These ingredients will cause breakouts and damage your skin over time, products without fragrance are sometimes hard to find but worth it!

3. FACE MASKS 😍
You can use sheet masks, peel off masks, sleeping masks, or wash off masks... there's a ton! Using these can help by providing nutrients to your skin; this is what your skin needs to stay clear and refreshed. I have started a series on my YouTube channel for face mask.

4. Take a look at what you're eating and drinking, some people find they break out more with dairy products, and others break out more when eating/ drinking more junky types of food. I always make sure to drink 2 liters of water a day, even if i feel like having some Diet Coke (i'm obsessed... it's bad!), water helps flush out any toxins in your body! If you're breaking out severely and tried a ton of acne products, try going to an allergist to see if you're semi allergic to certain foods, or detergents.

5. Try to avoid wearing makeup, your skin needs a breather so just let it be! Now if this is impossible for you, wash your makeup brushes nightly until the break outs subside. Doing this will make sure you're not reintroducing bacteria on your break outs. Deep cleaning them daily maybe a pain, so I suggest buying the highest percent of alcohol you can get and disinfect your brushes with that! As a makeup artist I use 99% alcohol for quick clean ups, but this percent maybe harder to find.

6. BONUS TIP! If you're washing your hair after you wash your body/face you may want to switch this around. Sometimes the excess residue from our shampoo/conditioner can irritate our skin causing break outs, also some conditioners are just so thick it's hard to completely rinse it off your body. If you have backacne or body acne try this out!

What are your tips for clear skin? Do you have any holy grail skincare products?

-Mariah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JAPAN TRAVELS!

UPDATE: MISSHA 7 DAY HAIR COLOR

GRWM: MEETING FIANCE'S FAMILY | KOREA